Eddsworld-Fan Service Rem Eddsworld-Fan Service Rem

Purdy drawing style

EffrenV responds:

Thanks man! How's animating Eddsworld going?

Office Awesomeness Ep 1 Office Awesomeness Ep 1

I'm sorry but was there any need in any of this? All it felt like was a 5 minute exposure to "hey, it's that guy! You like that, so why not like this!" It truly just felt like we were having references shoved down our throats to blind us from the fact that there's a terrible story and no original humour to it. I know it could be regarded as "internet humour" but this just feels like the wrong way to go about a series.

Blue's First Christmas Blue's First Christmas

Right, serious review time here, first and biggest issue would be the pacing. After a few watches, I realised you were probably trying to time it with the music track, but some shots seemed to hold for an uncomfortable amount of time, an example being the wide shot of Blue in front of the tree, it sort of ruins the flow to the story, especially a simple one like this which could be over in 30 seconds, rather than 50.
Other peeve of mine would be the differences in style, I know you're still experimenting with this style, so there's bound to be flaws, but the focus from the drawing style seems a lot more aimed towards the backgrounds than Blue himself, the backgrounds have a solid looking feel to them, while Blue (see the first shot) seems very stringy and loose, especially for a robot character.

And now for the good points, I think you introduced the AI idea well, although it makes it look as if Blue is in control of it, and outside of this video you've mentioned it more as an involuntary thing, making it look like Blue just has a short temper. I'd suggest looking up Zeurel's character "Spoiler" who is a split personality robot for reference to help develop the character further.
Also, I really liked the timing on the missile, I've noticed you seem to animate simple things a lot better, such as your stickman jump, where you put more focus into the physics, but when it comes to the actua detailed stuff, you seem to worry too much about the drawing, and the animation doesn't look as fluid, maybe make sure you're fully familiar with how Blue works by doing a few test clips like runs, jumps, interactions, etc. Also a character sheet for the 100% final design would be a good idea!

Anyway, been trying this review too long, just thought I'd give my pointers seeing as I've seen you develop this idea!

Vallhemn responds:

Aye, its been muchly helpful dude. I did think I was leaving the shots on for a tad too long, but I didn't know whether it was just because I'd seen it so many times. Lol. Thanks for the pointers as well, definitely gunna help finish off my animation style I think. :)

Pico Needs Coins Pico Needs Coins

Whizz

Nice, simple controls and the background worked really well.
Only problems are the replay screen and there could have been enemies that fly in from the right that you have to dodge too :)

Thundaboom responds:

whiz indeed

The GIR Soundboard The GIR Soundboard

To the guy below me

considering the guys name is Tom, it might just be another alias...

T E T R I S ' D: The Game T E T R I S ' D: The Game

152.62 seconds!

Great game to accompany the film.
Only problem I have with it is that you can get squished very easily even if you're not even under anything

Halloween Town Halloween Town

LOVE NBC!

And this adaptation of the song is just as amazing :D
Keep it up (Y)

Recent Draft Recent Draft

Pretty good

Sounds pretty dark,

I like dark :D

I also like it when the red water comes out

(Sorry David, could'nt resist)

AuXo1oNer : Welcome AuXo1oNer : Welcome

nice

can i just ask, what programm did u use for this?

auxo1oner1 responds:

i used FL studio 7.

Official Nintendo Seal Official Nintendo Seal

I seel what you did there

TDK1987 responds:

Touché.

LameAssComics - Idea LameAssComics - Idea

Lame ass!

Oh christ, the name suits.
Still gave me a lil chuckle though!
It's like dad jokes haha

thies responds:

Thanks :p

ROBOTDAY 2010 ROBOTDAY 2010

Kinda reminds me oooffff...

The armour demons from devil may cry 4, nto sure if this was an inspiration or anything, but that's what sprung to mind.
Good to see a full textured work too, the colour and lighting goes niiicely

VidGameDude responds:

aww you meant the Bianco and Alto angelo's
yeh way a pain in the ass they are to fight in groups of 5.

but no this wasn't inspired by them but good eye.